Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Project 1 Text

Salvador Lopez

Professor Baer

English 5B

MWF 12:00-12:50 PM

Rhetorical strategies that are used in my Project 1 text
For my Project 1 I have decided to include Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. " I Have A Dream speech.I have decided to write my speech on Martin Luther King Jr. ,“ I have a dream speech”. I have chosen this great piece of writing due to the fact that he has been a great inspiration in our lives and gave us the people a taste of equality. Without this man raising awareness for equality and having his dream in mind, we wouldn’t be living in the world we live in now. Overall, MLK was trying to spread equality throughout the country.

After reading the speech, I think the overall rhetorical situation seems to be Logos and pathos. I cant choose between either or I feel like reading it again will help me identify more of it. Little by little I will get the situation that is really being brought upon. All I need to find out about this text is what kind of rhetorical situation he is using. 

No comments:

Post a Comment